You are wondering if you can learn how to do self hypnosis? You can and it’s easy – just follow the 10-step self hypnosis instruction below.
How to do Self Hypnosis
Self Hypnosis is best done while relaxing and listening to music or a verbally guided recordings especially designed for deep relaxation. If you have a special self-hypnosis text, you can record the relaxation text onto a device and then play it to yourself while sitting comfortably in a chair or while lying down. Another option is to use a professionally prepared relaxation recording. Further down I will give you some recommendations on that.
Brain Entrainment Tools
Under all circumstances self hypnosis will work by far better if you use brain entrainment tools which will speed up the process of reaching a deeply relaxed state:
- Meditation Music
- Binaural Beats
- Shamanic Drums
- Ocean Surf
- Resonant Tuning
I have prepared a 10 step guide to self hypnosis under the picture. If you would like to enlarge the picture click on it.
How To Do Self Hypnosis Instruction
You can do a fast self hypnosis in 10 minutes if you are in a rush or you can take a whole hour our more. The more often you practice this, the better you will become at this technique. Follow these simple guidelines if you are going to prepare your own self hypnosis:
- Choose a time and a place when no one and nothing will disturb you.
- Sit in a confortable chair or even lie down. Find a place where out-side noise will not disturb you.
- State your intent: What is the purpose of the exercise? You can use the Gateway Affirmation for that.
- Imagine a protective shield around your body and mind. This ritual of self protection serves the purpose of reminding yourself that nothing fearful or dangerous can happen to you. Remember: if scary images should emerge from your subconscious, know that nothing can harm you.
- Begin the relaxation process. Relax consciously each part of the body. I recommend to start at your limbs, toes first, and work your way up to cnter of of your body, relaxing the head and eyes as the last.
- Once you are completely relaxed, it is the time to espress your wish, ask your question, or ask for a solution to your problem.
- Allow yourself to just wait, to just be. Whatever comes up – thoughts, images, memories, dialogues – let them come, observe them, remember them and then let them go again.
- This is not the time to analyse.
- After a while say to yourself that on the count of three you will be wide awake, refreshed and energised.
- Then count to three.
- Now write down what ever the impressions, physical and mental sensations, images and similar came to you and you can remember. That way you record it into your long term memory – and now you can analyse to your hearts content.
Self Hypnosis Tools
Here are some courses and tools which will teach you how to do self hypnosis.
Dream, imagine and manifest the life of your dreams by harnessing the vast powers of creation inherent in your own mind. Do you remember when you believed that anything was possible? Or when you had a secret feeling inside that life is meant to be magical — that it’s meant to be really good? You were right. Learn more…
The Chakra Journey is a beautiful Album with a wonderfully relaxing verbally guided exercise, taking a few mintues to focus on each energy point or chakra. When you experience unreleased feelings such as fear, anger or guilt, you block your energy flow.
The affirmations included here will help you return to a much calmer and energized sense of well-being.
Energy Walk is another one of my favourite sel-hypnosis tools. In 2010 I had a full-scale Kundalini awakening when meditating with this recording.
If you are serious about self-exploration, and really want to become an expert in how to do self hypnosis, then the Gateway Experience is something you could greatly benefit from.
The Gateway Experience is a Album Series, containing 7 Albums, which will teach you step by step how to enter deeply relaxed states and program your mind and thoughts towards a happier self and towards the goals you want to achieve in your life. Find out more…
Is Hemi-Sync Like Self-Hypnosis?
Many ask if the verbally guided Hemi-Sync exercises are like self-hypnosis or can be used to that effect. Yes, to both questions. The verbally guided Hemi-Sync recordings are exactly what you need when starting on the path of self-hypnosis.
The only difference are the mixed in binaural beats which are playing an essential part in the Hemi-Sync recordings and help to reach a state which is called “Body Asleep – Mind Awake” which is the ideal state to re-program the mind.
The founder of Hemi-Sync and the Monroe Institute Robert Monroe and his team did a lot of testing for a decade before they developed and patented the sound technology, especially designed to explore the Human Consiousness.
Collecting data and experience since the early 70ies, they have developed Hemi-Sync albums for a series of real life applications, such as manifesting, behaviour correction, healing, meditation and more.
The right combination of the specific binaural beat frequencies mixed with verbal instructions guarantees that the listener will reach profound states of relaxation which is basically identical to a deep hypnotic state. Once you have learned to recognize the different states of relaxation, you will not necessarily need the brain entrainment tools anymore. People have experienced profound revelations and even out of body experiences while listening to Hemi-Sync.
I hope this has give you a little more insight into how to do self-hypnosis. I would love to know about your results.
Thank you so much for reading my post. It means a lot! I would love to know your thoughts! You can leave a comment if you like, just scroll down below. I will answer it as soon as I can. I have put together some articles which might interest you. Otherwise come and join me on Instagram. Yours, Judith
More on Lucid Mind Center:
What are your thoughts on this? I would love to know. Use the form to below to leave a comment.
Join me on the LUCID MIND CENTER Instagram for a daily dose of inspiration, live streams and motivation. Would love to meet you there!